Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Altered Letters






Okay, so this is a take on an idea I got from Creations with Christina and Custom Crops. I thought that it was just the cutest idea and I've been looking for new things and ideas to decorate my house. I think that these turned out so cute. I made them while my husband was at work and when he got home he thought that I had purchased them this way, so I was excited about that! They do look a lot better in person than in pictures.

The letters were 50% off at Hobby Lobby and I painted them with Acrylic Craft Paint and then traced around the letters on my paper and adhered the paper with my Glue Glidder Pro. The bird and branch (with flowers) were cut on the Cricut with the Serenade Cartridge. I also used Stickles for the first time on the flowers and the bird.

Again, I am just so excited with how these turned out and would encourage anyone to try it. It's really easy and you can customize them to your style (and spell out any word). Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea its very nice. What material did you use to cut out the bird on the cricut?

    ReplyDelete